December 19, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Well I am sure everyone is in preparation mode for Christmas. Hope it's all going well.

In case you missed it I want to draw your attention to....
Banner
This is hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey and I love it. Choosing my first book and seeing what everyone else has chosen. Get all the information over at Book Journey.  This is her fourth year hosting  this and before that I never really thought about that first book to start a new year. Now I do! I have chosen mine after some thought!

Last week I was dozy as I set the link up and forgot to just make it a list. Hope everyone coped with the change to images. Sorry about that but now I'll continue as some mentioned they enjoyed it.

What I read last week:

Finished listening to this romantic suspense. Sped through it, while the narration was just okay the story was very unstoppable.
book cover

book cover book cover book cover
Blood Vow is a review book, Glowing Embers one that was on my TBR, and At the Edge was more of a novella with a follow up book I still need to read.

What I am reading at present:

Listening to...
book cover

Reading for Review one of my fav authors...
book cover

Up next:

book cover

Posts From Last Week:
Island of Glass   Nora Roberts
The Bishop's Girl    Rebecca Burns
A Look Back at the Audiobooks I Listened to in 2016

a divide

28 comments:

  1. I like the images too. Looking forward to Mulberry Moon and Blood Vow. I've chosen my first book of the new year too. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Closer Than You Think looks very suspenseful, and I love the cover of Mulberry Moon with the butterflies. Christmas is getting close! Yikes... Hope you have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like participating in First Book of the Year. I haven't chosen my book yet. Last year I didn't finish the book I picked. It turned out to be a disappointment. This time I'm going to read a bit of the book first before I choose it. Look forward to finding out what you picked.

    I enjoyed the Bridgerton series though I didn't like some of the spin offs. I haven't read this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Laura Griffin's Deep Dark, which I hope to read soon. I am curious about The Other Daughter.

    I like the images, too. Thanks for sharing...and it won't be much longer until we can present our First Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked The Other Daughter. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your Christmas preparations are going well. I have a few more presents to go, hoping to get them dusted off by Wednesday!

    I agree Karen Rose always delivers a suspenseful read.

    I love the cover for Mulberry Moon, this author is new to me too.

    The Other Daughter looks good - enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've participated in all of the First Book of the Year and will do it again this year. I need to get that prepared this week. Still haven't decided which book to read.

    I like the look of Glowing Embers. Hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it with the images.... (the linkup I mean). I haven't even started thinking about 'next year's' books as I still need to think about what I have left for this year.

    I'm also very behind on my Christmas shopping! #eek

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like another great reading week. All of these Karen Rose books you have read lately, I has totally made me want to read her again. Next time I go to the library, I will definitely pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to your review of Blood Vow. Some years ago I glommed all the Black Dagger Brotherhood books that were available and got an overdose, but I think I might be ready to revisit that world, especially as it's a spin-off series and should have new characters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I was just thinking of the first book of the year this morning as I joined in for the last two years. I will head over now - well, once I pick a book. Have a good week and thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your audiobooks list, Kathryn; thank you for all the great recommendations! I changed jobs earlier this year and I now have a bit of a commute; it's been fun to find new things to listen to along the way. Thanks so much for hosting the linkup and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your books look so good! I especially want to read Mulberry Moon. I like the link up with the images, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the link-up with the images, too! Closer Than You Think sounds good. I'll look for that one at my library. I can't wait to hear what you thought of Blood Vow! Have a great week, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Other Daughter kind of fell through the cracks in my reading schedule this year. I didn't manage to get a review copy but it's on my Audible wish list. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wondered about the linky last week. :) It looks pretty cool like this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the images for the linky list. THANKS for keeping it that way.

    Nice week for you, Kathryn.

    Love the cover on Mulberry Moon. The Other Daughter looks good.

    I only read one book by Lauren Willig and that was THE FORGOTTEN ROOM where she and Beatriz Williams and Karen White collaborated. LOVED the book. They all did a fantastic job. I want to read more by Lauren.

    ENJOY your week. I am going to my son's later this week.

    Merry Christmas!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed seeing the info about first book of the year. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for reminding me about Sheila's First Book of the Year! We were away last New Year's so I couldn't do it - looking forward to joining in this year.

    Looks like you are getting a lot of reading done - enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoyed The Other Daughter. Hope you do too! The Catherine Anderson book and the Karen Rose book both look really good and I have that Julia Quinn and just need to read it. Love her books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is the first I've seen the First Book of the Year. I'm off to check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the cover of Mulberry Moon, are you liking it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Christmas!!! It's hard to believe how quickly the year is passing by, I'm not ready to start a new year just yet!! I like the idea of picking a book to kick off the year with, I'll have to put some thought into it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm looking forward to The First Book of the Year event. Have a great week Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the cover of Mulberry Moon. I'm going to have to check that one out. Have a very wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What did you think of Blood Vow? I still have to read the book before that in the spin-off series so I'm hoping you liked it. I hope you have a lovely holiday Kathryn. Enjoy your your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it Kimberley, I sort of stopped reading the BDB books but with this new spin off have been able to pick it up again and has the earlier brothers in it as well so I like that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...